If this is your first time here, you may want to subscribe to the site feed (also available by email) so that you will be alerted as soon as new content is posted.  Check out the index for a list of all posts, see the most popular content, go to a random post, or take a look at the Free Christmas Music website for even more music.  Please send me an email if you need to contact me for any reason.

Search for free Christmas music

Enter the name of a song or artist and click Search.
More information about this custom search engine

2011-12-13

Paste Magazine 2011 Christmas Sampler

Wow.  Paste magazine is offering a free sampler consisting of 40 Christmas songs via Noisetrade.  Forty songs, clocking in at nearly two hours and twenty minutes.  I've heard of a few of the artists on the sampler, while most are new to me.  The biggest surprise for me was a cover of The Who's "Christmas" (from Tommy, and one of my all-time favourite Christmas songs) by  The Phantom Family Halo.   There is a tremendous variety of, well, everything on here: all sorts of genres, traditional Christmas carols, contemporary songs, original songs, etc.  I think it's best to just go and grab the sampler and give it a listen for yourself.  Leave a comment if you find anything really great on here, or if any of these artists have other music that's worth checking out, or anything else you feel like saying.

Have you been enjoying this year's batch of free Christmas music?  I've been doing my best to keep on top of it all.  There's still a lot of stuff I'd like to post about, but I know that time inevitably begins to get shorter and shorter at this time of year.  I'll try my best to keep the music flowing here.

Happy listening!

URL:

No comments: