If this is your first time here, you may want to subscribe to the site feed (also available by email) so that you will be alerted as soon as new content is posted.  Check out the index for a list of all posts, see the most popular content, go to a random post, or take a look at the Free Christmas Music website for even more music.  Please send me an email if you need to contact me for any reason.

Search for free Christmas music

Enter the name of a song or artist and click Search.
More information about this custom search engine

2010-12-17

Denis Richard - Noël

I haven't featured much non-English music on this blog, mainly because I don't really know how to search for it.  I'd certainly love to have more of it, especially songs that originated in other languages and were later translated into English.  I was delighted, then, to find Denis Richard's Noël on Jamendo last week, as it is a full-length album of French Christmas songs.  Even better, they are done in a very kid-friendly style, with upbeat, playful arrangements and very clear vocals; I just noticed that this blog is curiously lacking in kid-friendly music, so this album actually helps to address a couple of deficiencies at once.

You'll recognize a lot of the songs on here even if you don't know a word of French.  Other songs are less familiar to me, but I'll be looking up more information about them so I can hopefully find other songs like them.  I always love expanding my musical interests, and being able to do that in another language is just a bonus.  In the meantime, I hope that you, and perhaps any children in your life, enjoy this little collection of French Christmas songs.  Happy listening!

URL:

No comments: